Jeremias,

  Thanks a bunch !
  So just for reference. If you are doing some docbook -> fo
generation. The output fo (from docbook 1.75) is slightly incorrect.
You actually need to add:

    <fox:destination
xmlns:fox="http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/extensions";
internal-destination="chapter1"/>

  right after a <fo:block/> (anywhere in the document seems to be fine).

  And then on the other side, you need to patch the link

<fo:basic-link show-destination="replace"
external-destination="my.pdf#chapter1">Managing

into

<fo:basic-link show-destination="replace"
external-destination="url(my.pdf#dest=chapter1)">Managing

  All is left to do...is try to automated that directly within docbook...

Thanks !
Ref:
http://www.mail-archive.com/fop-...@xmlgraphics.apache.org/msg06568.html

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Jeremias Maerki <d...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
wrote:
> Hi Mathieu
>
> Hmm, that doesn't seem to be well documented.
>
> external-destination="url(my.pdf#dest=chapter1)"
> ...gets you to the named destination "chapter1" in my.pdf.
>
> external-destination="url(my.pdf#page=7)"
> ...gets you to page 7 in my.pdf.
>
> Details in org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFFactory.getExternalAction(String, boolean)
>
> Info on how to create a named destination with FOP:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/latest/extensions.html#named-destinations
>
> On 12.07.2010 14:56:33 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>>   I am trying to link one PDF to another PDF. If I use the following:
>>
>> $ cat foo.fo
>>      <fo:basic-link external-destination="bla.pdf"
>> show-destination="replace">bla</fo:basic-link>
>>
>> Then I can open the the foo.pdf file and properly click on the 'bla'
>> link. However if I try to use fragment identifier like this:
>>
>>      <fo:basic-link external-destination="bla.pdf#id"
>> show-destination="replace">bla at index: id</fo:basic-link>
>>
>> Then acroread try to open a link from firefox...
>>
>> Could someone please let me know what is the proper syntax for linking
>> to specific fragment identifier from pdf to another pdf ?
>>
>> Thanks !
>> --
>> Mathieu
>> Using: fop 0.95