Dear list members,

I've been looking at the FOP font mechanism for some days now, but still
don't have a clue what's going wrong. I want to create PDF documents and
use custom fonts, especially OpenType. Therefore I added a configuration
file according to the documentation.

<renderers>
   <renderer mime="application/pdf">
      <fonts>
         <!-- register all the fonts found in a directory -->
         <directory>/home/martin/.fonts</directory>

         <!-- register all the fonts found in a directory and all of its
sub directories (use with care) -->
         <directory recursive="true">/home/martin/.fonts</directory>

         <!-- automatically detect operating system installed fonts -->
         <auto-detect/>
      </fonts>
   </renderer>
</renderers>

Unfortunately FOP still does not find any font other than the ones from
Base 14. I then created some metrics for the TrueType fonts and added
corresponding lines to the configurations, but no change.

"org.apache.fop.tools.fontlist.FontListMain" does not show any custom
font at all.

>From reading different statements on the web I couldn't get a solution
either. So, how can I use Opentype fonts with FOP 1.0? Is there any
(easy) way? Why does FOP not find my TrueType fonts installed?

Thank you for your responses.

Best regards
Martin Sievers