I know I've come into this discussion very late - and the topic has moved on.

That said - I've had a lot of success in the interim with converting open type
and true type fonts to type 1 using trans type pro by font labs and then
repairing font tables using font doctor.

I've only dealt with English fonts - but they work in postscript fine.

Happy to provide further info if needed

Thanks
Martin

Martin Edge