There is a way to accomplish this currently using retrieve-markers.
In fo:page-sequence element
                <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
                                        <fo:table table-layout="fixed"
width="100%" border-bottom-style="solid" height="18mm">
                                                <fo:table-column
column-width="70mm"/>
                                                <fo:table-column
column-width="118mm"/>
                                                <fo:table-body>
                                                        <fo:table-row
height="6mm">
                                                                <fo:table-cell>

<fo:block font-size="11pt" text-align="left" font-weight="bold">

</fo:block>
                                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                                                <fo:table-cell>

                                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                                        </fo:table-row>
                                                        <fo:table-row
height="6mm">
                                                                <fo:table-cell
number-columns-spanned="2">

<fo:block font-size="11pt" text-align="left" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of select="$pmc"/>

</fo:block>
                                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                                        </fo:table-row>

                                                </fo:table-body>
                                        </fo:table>

                                        <fo:block font-size="10pt"
font-style="italic" padding-before="2mm"  padding-after="2mm"
text-align="center" >
                                                        <fo:retrieve-marker
retrieve-class-name="tab_continued"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page" retrieve-boundary="page"/>

                                                </fo:block>

                                </fo:static-content>

Then in fo:table-header element:
<xsl:for-each select="row">
<fo:table-row>

                <fo:table-cell>

                 <fo:marker marker-class-name="tab_continued">

                        <fo:block font-size="10pt" text-indent="5mm"
font-style="italic" text-align="center" keep-with-next="always"
padding-before="1mm" padding-after="1mm" >

                                        <fo:inline border-bottom-style="solid"
border-width=".5pt">

                                               Table <xsl:value-of
select="$tabNum"/>&#xa0; (Continued)

                                                </fo:inline>

                        </fo:block>

                        </fo:marker>

                </fo:table-cell>

        </fo:table-row>
<fo:table-row>  Then formatting for other rows.

Then in fo:table-body element:

<xsl:for-each select="row">

        <xsl:if test="not(parent::tbody/preceding-sibling::thead)">

                <fo:table-row padding-after="2mm">

                        <fo:table-cell padding-after="2mm">

                                <fo:marker marker-class-name="tab_continued">

                                        <fo:block font-size="10pt"
text-indent="5mm" font-style="italic" text-align="center"
keep-with-next="always" padding-before="1mm" padding-after="2mm" >

                                                <fo:inline
border-bottom-style="solid"  border-width=".5pt">

                                                        Table <xsl:value-of
select="$tabNum"/>&#xa0; (Continued)

                                                </fo:inline>

                                        </fo:block>

                                </fo:marker>

                        </fo:table-cell>

                </fo:table-row>

        </xsl:if>

        <fo:table-row > <!-- other row formatting -->

It takes a bit getting this to work, but it does work.  Here is a link that
helps:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/markers.html#d14055e100
Also there is more info out there if you search.  Might even be some on this in
users forum.

Hope it helps, Craig