Hi,

Floats are not currently supported by FOP:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#d0e14346

If you're not using XSLT and rather creating an actual FO document, what you
could do is use an absolute positioned block-container to reproduce the effect.
You would need to know how much text to put in it and follow it up with a block
with some follow-on text. I created the attached PDF using that method, but as
a warning it's very finicky and you'd need to add a margin to the top of the
following block to ensure the correct line spacing.

Unless someone has a better suggestion it's about the best that can be done
until the feature is implemented unfortunately.

Regards,

Robert Meyer