Le 19/07/2014 15:19, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo a écrit :

Hi Tor-Einar Jarnbjo,

Thanks for your answer.

The XLS-FO specification does not mention if font names should be treated case insensitive, but refers to the CSS2 specification, which states that it is beyond the specification to define if font names are case sensitive or not (clever way to allow ambiguity).

The CSS3 specification states that font names are case insensitive.

Thank you for this detailed information.

Since the specification leaves it up to the implementation to do whatever it sees fit, FOP does at least not violate the specifications by requiring case sensitivity in the font names. Using a case insensitive font name matching (as required by CSS3) would of course raise new problems as well and not only be convenient. What if the font manager used by the rendering enige is case sensitive itself and allows "a" and "A" to be two different fonts? Which font should be picked if you refer to them as "a" or "A" in the font-family attribute?

I agree that a case sensitive recognition is more rigorous. As a user I would like a more detailed message when the font is not found.

The different behaviour between Fop and Batik is also confusing.

Regards

--
Jean-François MAUREL
PIMECA