This is the result of my tests so far:

treat-as-word-space doesn't have any effect. Looking at the compliance page, it's listed as not supported!

By wrapping the thai text in a fo:inline, using a regular space as word separator and setting word-spacing property, I get some results but I haven't been able to get zero width on the spaces for non-justified text. According to the spec, word-spacing is used to adjust the word spacing "in addition to normal spacing", so I tried something like the following:

<fo:inline word-spacing.minimum="-2em" word-spacing.maximum="0.05em">Thai text with normal spaces as word separators</fo:inline>

When justifying I do get some lines where the word spacing is zero, but when justifying left, there's always some interword spacing. I tried several values, but can't get it to zero. One complication I have is how to know the "normal" word space so I can adjust it to zero.

Anyway to get word-spacing optimum and minimum to zero?

Carlos