On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 09:41:20AM +0100, Pascal Sancho wrote:
> That can be achieved using an integer value rather than 'always'.
> See [1] (compliance page) & [2] (XSL-FO rec v1.1) for further info.
>
> NOTE: keep-together should be considered as a shorthand for
> *.within-line, *.within-column, and *.within-page

I've tried using an integer value, but that doesn't seem to do anything.
For example, changing my original example attachment to the following
snippet

  <fo:block keep-together.within-page="100">
    <fo:block>line 1</fo:block>
    <fo:block>line 2</fo:block>
    <!-- ... more ... -->
    <fo:block>line n</fo:block>
  </fo:block>

does not do what I expect. Even though this block can fit on a page, I
don't end up with a page break before it and it just breaks in the
middle. The same block with keep-together.within-page="always" results
in the expected page break before the block. I've removed all other
keeps in the document so there shouldn't be anything conflicting with
the attempt to make this block appear on its own page.

The FOP compliance page says that there is "Minimal support for
<integer> values", but I don't see anything explaining further. So I'm
back to not knowing if I'm just not doing it right (i.e. is there
something more to it than changing "always" to "100"), or am I hitting a
scenario that isn't supported by the minimal support.

Thanks,
Matthew