Hi,

I think you need to use the newest, still unreleased version of the FOP
pdf image plugin in order to make this work.

Do SVN Checkout of
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop-pdf-images/trunk and
make ant build. Don't forget to include the updated
pdfbox/fontbox/jempbox libs contained in the lib sub directory in your
class path.

HTH,
Matthias