Hi Stefan

> On 22 Jul 2016, at 23:21, Stefan Hegny (hydrografix Consulting GmbH)
> <he...@hydrografix.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> one more idea:
> Put the other way round, there's also no way to force a specific pdfprofile
> from a fo?

Correct. It is just an additional output option for FOP's PDF renderer, and as
such not covered by XSL-FO (although one could conceivably use the
fo:declarations section to carry that info, but that too would require an
extension to be written, and still, it would not be automatically available in
the XSLT stage)

> Where the xsltransform could insert it depending on a param?

Yep, and what I was thinking of, is that based on that XSLT parameter, the
user/stylesheet author would be able to conditionally generate different FO.
For example, if you know that certain FO constructs would lead to PDF that does
not conform to PDF/A-1a, then if that parameter is passed to the XSLT process,
one could take that into account and use a different set of templates.

If those additional output options were _always_ passed by FOP to the XSLT
processor via JAXP, say as parameters with a name prefixed with 'fop-output-'
or something along those lines, then it can be documented and every user would
have those available, if needed.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers

Andreas