Hello Everyone,

we're looking into deploying Windows workstations and servers with theforeman. Happily there's already something that supports realms (right now only FreeIPA). Having had a look at the API I guess it should be quite straightforward to add another provider for Active Directory using DJoin (the Active Directoy Offline Join tool). The only issue I see is that the host's otp field in the database is limited to 255 chars whereas DJoin produces a quite large base64 encoded blob. As the length of that blob is not documented anywhere I guess it may differ from domain to domain and from Windows version to Windows version.

So here's my request: can we please upgrade the host's otp field to store an arbitrary length string?

What do you think?

Kind Regards,
Andreas