Doesn't ISC DHCPD use " fixed-address6", "range6", etc for DHCPv6. The code
you linked seems to be related to "fixed-address" which is the ipv4
variant.

Another question I have, does DHCP really need to be the one assigning the
address? Should DHCP just be providing config info, and leave the address
up to SLAAC? [1]

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3736