Hi,

I tried to configure salt in forman using:

https://www.theforeman.org/plugins/foreman_salt/7.0/index.html

In this documentation, it is specified, that in /etc/salt/foreman.yaml you need
to specify:

:ssl_ca: /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem
:ssl_key: /var/lib/puppet/ssl/private_keys/foreman.example.com.pem
:ssl_cert: /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/foreman.example.com.pem

This didn't work and I always got:
[root@salt]# /usr/bin/foreman-node raul-gries.stage.atix
Couldn't retrieve ENC data: Could not send facts to Foreman: SSL_connect
returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify
failed

Then, I had a look at the code in smart_proxy_salt to find out, for which the
certificates are used. In the documentation it is specified, to configure that
similar to puppet. Therefore I had a look at the node.rb in
/etc/puppetlabs/puppet. node.rb is using foreman.yaml from
/etc/puppetlabs/puppet and for this, there are "similar" ssl certificate
configurations.

Therefore, I changed the /etc/salt/foreman.yaml to look similar to
/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/foreman.yaml:

:ssl_ca: "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/ssl_ca.pem"
:ssl_cert: "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/client_cert.pem"
:ssl_key: "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/client_key.pem"

And finally. Its working. Maybe I did something completely wrong. Or there is a
nice documentation mistake.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,