> On 22. May 2017, at 12:27, Ohad Levy <ohadl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Since we get a lot of lift from fog, especially for popular providers (e.g.
> ec2) IMHO its not a good idea to remove fog, which means that we balance
> between community contributions to fog (e.g. stuff we won't "enjoy" as we
> will not corporate) vs other benefits mentioned above.
>
> I for one, is not convinced the effort to not run with fog is less work then
> adding / updating a fog provider.
>
> Ohad

I do agree with Ohad here. I'd focus on improving the fog-providers and not
trying to reinvent the weel.
I think, "cloud" topics like focussing on real server orchestration (think
hostgroup as an auto scaling group) adds more benefits for a user. A user
usually doesn't care about the library used. Using foreman as a tool to setup a
cloud or container environment on bare metal does add value.

Fog doesn't do any network orchestration, yet. If we add this (e.g. provision a
vlan on a switchport or some SDN), that would be a valid point imho to switch
the library.

- Timo