Hello all,

While working on splitting the Katello installation from its services I ran into the pulp_export_destination setting. That made me look at the Repository Export[1] which assumes the pulp server and application server share the same filesystem.

That means I'm stuck in attempting to split services to different machines where I don't want to assume a shared filesystem. Looking at the containers it's not handled there either. I don't see a way to support this feature without a major rewrite of the code but I'm not familiar with the Katello code base.

Anyone has advice on how to deal with this?

[1]:
https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/app/lib/actions/katello/repository/export.rb