I'd be in favor of a change and avoid running scripts in post scripts. This is
the reason why we added "Optional Step 3 (C) - Run foreman-installer" to our
manual [1] a long time ago. We recommend running installer after upgrade if
users use it for initial setup. If this is too heavy step, maybe foreman-
maintain task could be added that would ensure all is up to date.

[1] https://theforeman.org/manuals/1.15/#UpgradingtoForeman1.15

--
Marek