We've been working on updating the .eslintrc file to extend the airbnb config
rather than having a list of rules we manually maintain. Anytime you change
the style configuration in a project there are some challenges and
decisions.

The first is what style guide to adopt. The airbnb eslint config has become
a standard in the community and enables a simplified .eslintrc file. It
definitely seems like the right approach.

The second is whether or not to update all files at once or let files be
changed over time as they're worked on. There are advantages and
disadvantages to updating all files at once.

*Advantages*

   - You can see the affect of all the new lint rules at once to make sure
   the configuration is correct and there are no rule conflicts.
   - All the files are formatted to pass linting rules.
   - Subsequent PRs don't include these style updates which makes them
   easier to understand.

*Disadvantages*

   - The PR is quite large.
   - It can take a lot of work to get all the files matching the rules.
   - Rebasing after this PR could be a minor challenge depending on what
   you're working on.

*Moving forward*

My opinion is to go with updating all the files to get the advantages
stated above. If anyone has any feedback or insight into this process feel
free to chime in.

We'll also likely be introducing prettier to handle the formatting side of
linting once airbnb is in place so this will serve as a bit of a test run.

Thanks!