On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 02:37:10PM +0000, Greg Sutcliffe wrote:
On 09/11/17 14:25, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
If a separate repository, would it not be as simple as adding a git
clone?

Possibly, I don't have that much insight into the entire deployment
flow. Hence my preference of making small changes since our backlog is
big enough already. Of course if you're willing to take it on then be my
guest.

Currently it's a Jenkins Job [1] that notices a change in the upstream
repo, and deploys it to the puppetmaster. Should be trivial enough to
make the changes you want there - adding a git submodule to the infra
repo might "just work", looking at it.

[1] http://ci.theforeman.org/job/deploy_puppet/

A git submodule might work - we wouldn't get automatic updates thus doubling the work though. If you mean adding a separate repository to the config then that could work well.