On 15/11/17 13:58, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> I AM STRONGLY AGAINST *MIGRATING* OUR MAILING LISTS TO ANY KIND OF
> FORUM.

I have included your opinion in both summaries. As a long standing
member of the community, your vote does carry some weight - but shouting
doesn't get you an extra one, and makes it appear like you're trying to
drown out the debate (which I'm sure you don't intend).

If however you feel you've been misrepresented in either of my summaries
in some way, please let me know so I can correct that.

> You do not have blessing. You gathered how many opinions? Two dozens?
> How many of us are subscribed here?

No one decides "blessing" or lack of it unilaterally, not me, or you.
The community decides, and current feedback suggests far more in
*cautious* favour than against - certainly enough to continue the
discussion.

One thing I have not yet done is post how I see the migration actually
happening *if* we choose to do it. That may help alleviate fears for
some, so I will try to get that posted shortly. My view of that process
won't include a side-by-side site for reasons I already expressed to
Ivan earlier. Again, this is all very much *if*, please don't assume
this is already decided.

> You gathered how many opinions? Two dozens? How many of us are
> subscribed here?

670 addresses according to Google Groups, but I know that's not what you
mean :)

As with all our discussions, we can only count the opinions that have
actually been stated. We don't wait forever on any decision, and we
frequently take action on 5 votes or less.

As with other large debates we've had in the past, I'm being quite
reserved with pacing this debate, *precisely* because I know how
intrusive it is. I'm spending some of my time trying to convince those
who haven't said anything yet to contribute (even if they give it a -1)
so that we can be more sure of our final decision, but for sure we
*will* have to take a decision at some point.

It's worth saying again, no final decisions have been taken, this is
still a consultation for now - but we *do* need to consult with the
users too. It's a far larger community, and I hope we'll get a nice
collection of opinions from them to look through.

Greg