Maurice, we have this too - I posted here originally (and some time ago!)
- https://groups.google.com/d/msg/foreman-users/Xn3hAYL95QM/r1D22blTBgAJ

Our script(s):

- create lifecycles / locations / settings etc
- enable / sync RH repos
- create / sync custom repos (and add urls)
- create gpg keys
- create and assign sync plans
- create content view, publish version 1 and promote to all lifecycles
- create activation keys, assign subscriptions
- create / upload provisioning templates, partition tables etc
- creates hostgroups, assigns OSs to them
- allows for provisioning template lifecycle overrides per host groups etc
- sets parameters throughout

It's all heavily structured (and we nest a lot) and the input file is a big
chunk of yaml. The api scripts are written in (bad) ruby - I'm not really a
programmer! -  started originally RH professional services.