Hello, Sean and Dominic!

I have a slightly different angle to this problem. Just like above, I have
a "common" environment, which is default one for all of the hosts that are
NOT in any other env, and some directory-based ones. However, what I'd like
to do with common modules is to share between "common" environment *and*
any other environment. Basically, I'd have a hostgroup called "common" in
each of the environments with classes from common modules that I'd use as
my parent HG for every other HG:

- default environment - common
- default hostgroup - common (with modules/classes imported from
/etc/puppet/environment/common)

- "normal" environment, say "production"
- "common" hostgroup with the same modules from
/etc/puppet/environment/common
- other HGs using common HG as its parent

However, when Foreman imports puppet classes, it only associates those
classes with a single environment, so it seems that common cannot be shared
on Foreman level?

On puppet level this should be just fine as Foreman installer puts a proper
base path for me:

# grep base /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
      basemodulepath   =
/etc/puppet/environments/common:/etc/puppet/modules:/usr/share/puppet/modules

>From Foreman/ENC point of view that should be fine as well - common modules
would get the same params regardless of the environment a particular
machine is in.

How would I accomplish this?
Thanks!