Three tings that come to my mind:

   1. Trends should be defined first, do you have any trends defined?
   2. Most of interesting trends come from facts, do you have puppet facts
   reporter configured?
   3. Trends are stored as intervals, which means no extra data will be
   added if no changes in counts were detected. Do you have a change to an
   existing trend that was not recorded?