There are times when I wish I could edit the attributes of a repository in
a specific content view and am wondering how hard this would be.

For example, I sync RHEL-7.2 with a download policy of on demand. From
there I craft a content view with specific filters and publish and promote
it to my production lifecycle environment. At that point, I'd like to use
inter-server sync (ISS) to export for use in another organization. However,
ISS does not work with on demand. For my use case, I'd like to switch the
download policy of the specific repo in the product content view to
immediate, then sync it to pull down all the packages.

Another use case would be creating unprotected custom product repos
("Publish via HTTP") but then when they make it to my production
environment, switching them to protected HTTPS.

Is manipulating aspects of repositories in content views something others
would find useful? Is this a difficult thing to implement?