Thanks for finding this bug.
I solved it by removing the equals/IllegalStateException check. I don't
think it is necessary.

The reason why uuid in PersonBase is not initiated in constructor is that
when an object is restored from database by hibernate the constructor is
invoked followed by assignment of attributes, including uuid. This lazy init
of uuid prevents unecessary uuid generation (i.e. the motivation is
performance).

/Patrik