Hi Polly!

The

"fornax.generator.force.execution"

is still supported. I think you have just overseen it, I did not change something here.
if ("true".equalsIgnoreCase(
        System.getProperty("fornax.generator.force.execution"))) {
    getLog().info("Forced workflow execution");
    File timeStampFile = getTimeStampFile();
    if (timeStampFile != null){
        timeStampFile.delete();
    }
}