I don't think you have to do that in the fornax-oaw-m2-plugin. You can do it
in the workflow.oaw

<property name="outlet.src.dir" value="target/src-gen"/>

<component id="generator" class="oaw.xpand2.Generator" skipOnErrors="true"
fileEncoding="iso-8859-1">
        <metaModel idRef="metamodel"/>
        <outlet path="${outlet.src.dir}" />

In case you use workflows that runs other workflows, such in sculptor, you
can override properties.

sculptorworkflow.oaw:
<property name="outlet.src.dir" value="src/generated/java"/>

in application project workflow.oaw:
        <cartridge file="sculptorworkflow.oaw" >
                <modelFile value="model.btdesign"/>
                <appProject value="DDDSample"/>
                <outlet.src.dir value="target/src-gen"/>
        </cartridge>

/Patrik