I'm trying to come up to speed with Sculptor, and I'm not sure if the
problem I'm finding is a bug or operator error:

        ValueObject Event {
                !immutable
                String title
                Date scheduled !changeable
         }

All compiles fine until it gets to the GUI side, and then I get this:

....com/foo/web/UpdateScheduleEventsForm.java:[177,24]
setId(java.lang.Long) has protected access in com.foo.domain.Event

The offending line of code is in the shallowClone method:

    private Event shallowClone(Event original) {
        if (original != null) {
            Event shallowClone =
                new Event(original.getScheduled());
            shallowClone.setId(original.getId());       // <---- Offending line

The closest I could find is that the access was at one time changed to
protected to allow for manual assignment during testing.  However, as
the web class is neither a subclass or in the same package, nothing
short of changing setId to public will allow this method to work.

There are 2 other classes (Create..Form and UpdateEventForm) that are
also failing due to the same problem.

I'm using what I believe is the current version of items, as so
generated by the maven archetype (1.7 snapshot?) and following the
tutorial instructions, and it's all OOB in regards to properties for
the domain and gui side -- I haven't made any changes or special
alterations.

I hope this is enough information to be able to point me in the right direction.

 thank you !