Hello,
checksum plugin recognize if you changed "once only" generated files.
If not checksum plugin remove it. Problem is when you change model.
For example you introduce new service method. Generated test interface
contains all service methods. Your code not. Checksum plugin care
about it, and when "once only" file is removed before generation, new
is generated with new service test method.

About testing. I'm also running it from Eclipse directly. Just right
click test class and "Run As" -> "JUnit test". You can change your
tests, debug and restart without needing to regenerate anything. Once
your test class is changed is excluded by checksum plugin and not
deleted anymore.

Pavel