PaloT wrote:

> Hi Patrik I had no time to test 1.8 but I would like to ask about
> external import:
> 1) I know about "generate.module", couldn't we change name to e.g.
> "nogenerate.module" ;-)

Well, we should stick to existing naming convention:
generate.serviceContext=false
generate.fullAuditable=true
generate.module.foo.false

PaloT wrote:

> 2) Some artifacts (like exceptions) was generated from external import
> in 1.7 - is it working same way in 1.8. or external import was fully
> rewritten

That is fixed with this implementation.

PaloT wrote:

> 3) Can you please explain little bit more (not too deep) why abandon
> "external import"

I would like to use standar xtext import mechanism as much as possible. The
external import was unecessary complicated.

4) Out of topic. Do we have some BIG goal for 1.8-1.9?

The goal for 1.8 is simple. Migration to latest xtext/mwe/xpand. The big
changes are for xtext. The DSL editor will be a lot better.

For application projects the migration will be seamless. I have already
tested with all samples and a few customer projects. It works fine. I intend
to do some more improvements of the dsl editor.

It also means that we support Eclipse 3.5 Galileo and that means that the
RCP implementation must be migrated. I have not completed that, but it is on
its way.

The intention is that we will release 1.8.0 as soon as possible, without
adding new features. Bug fixes can of course be done.

I have not started to think about 1.9. The backlog is here:
http://fornax.itemis.de/jira/browse/CSC?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

/Patrik