If checksum-plugin is causing problem together with m2eclipse you can simply
remove ot from your pom.xml.

I havn't tried, but it is a bit strange that it is not working together with
m2eclipse. Can it be something with the maven v3 that is bundled with
m2eclipse. You could try to switch to an old maven version in m2eclipse
settings.
/Patrik