On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 05:55:39AM -0500, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 04:46:11PM -0600, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> > OK.  I used your wording verbatim for the first one.  For the second
> > one, I'm still pretty confused as I think it is at least theoretically
> > possible on PowerPC to have a target with 64-bit long double (AIX?) that
>
> Some embedded and embedded-like subtargets use 64-bit long double by
> default.  You can also configure this on any Power target (not that it
> will necessarily work ;-) )

It will work on Linux LE systems with glibc 2.32 (it may work with earlier
glibcs).  I've built parallel toolchains with all 3 long double formats.  There
are some tests in the test suite that fail if you configure 64-bit long doubles.

--
Michael Meissner, IBM
IBM, M/S 2506R, 550 King Street, Littleton, MA 01460-6245, USA