On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 8:47 AM Arjen Markus via Fortran
<fortran@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> thanks for these tips - this should come in handy indeed.
>
> One thing though: when I tried to run my freshly built gfortran compiler on
> one of the test programs, I got the message that it could not find the file
> libgfortran.spec. Is there some environment variable that muist be set?

If you are running gfortran from inside the build directory you'll need quite
some -B arguments, like

 objdir/gcc> ./gfortran -B ../<targetdir>/libgfortran -B
../<targetdir>/libgfortran/.libs -B ../<targetdir>/libquadmath/.libs

where the latter two are when you are also doing linking.  <targetdir> is
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu for me but likely sth with cygwin for you.

Richard.