Early ping for this patch.

(I still plan to review Harald's pending patch soon, unless someone
beats me:
https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2021-October/580810.html )

On 01.10.21 02:43, Tobias Burnus wrote:
Hi all,

this patch fixes a bunch of issues with CLASS.

 * * *

Side remark: I disliked the way CLASS is represented when it was
introduced;
when writing the testcase for this PR and kept fixing the testcase
fallout,
I started to hate it!
I am sure that there are more issues – but I tried hard not too look
closer
at surrounding code to avoid hitting more issues.
(If you look for a project, I think if you put attributes on separate
lines,
like a separate "POINTER :: var" line, you have a high chance to hit the
error.)

 * * *

What I found rather puzzling is that the 'optional' argument could be
either
on sym->attr.optional or on CLASS_DATA (sym)->attr.optional. I think one
occurs for 'foo2' and the other for 'foo4' - not that I understand why it
differs.

I think it is otherwise straight forward. Regarding the original issue:

In order to detect an assumed-size argument to an assumed-rank array,
the last dimension has 'ubound = -1' to indicate an assume-size array;
for those size(x, dim=rank(x)-1) == -1 and size(x) < 0

However, when the dummy argument (and hence: actual argument) is either
a pointer or an allocatable, the bound is passed as is (in particular,
"-1" is a valid ubound and size(x) >= 0). – However, if the actual
argument is unallocated/not associated, rank(var) still is supposed to
work - hence, it has to be set.

The last two items did work before - but not for CLASS -> CLASS.
Additionally,
the ubound = -1 had an issue for CLASS -> TYPE as the code assumed that
expr->ref is the whole array ("var(full-array-ref)") but for CLASS the
expr->ref is a component and only expr->ref->next is the array ref.
("var%_data(full-array-ref)").

OK for mainline?

Tobias

Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634
München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas
Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht
München, HRB 106955