Hi Thomas,

On 25.10.21 07:47, Thomas Koenig via Fortran wrote:
what you're doing seems a useful clean-up, thanks.

One point for discussion:
-match
+static match
  gfc_match_label (void)
I have generally understood that the gfc_ prefix is for global variables
and functions only.  We do not always adhere to it (also since some
global functions were made static previously), but I think we should
stick to it, unless other people think otherwise :-)

I concur – but there is also a good reason for always having a prefix:
It makes it more unlikely that there are name clashes between the
middle/backend end and the FE. – And those should be strictly avoided as
it makes debugging (in the debugger) harder. (And in particular, same
file names should be avoided.)

I think there is also some attempt to avoid same names in multiple FE,
but that's not as strict as long as different binaries are produced and
'git grep' does also show the directory.

For the readability, it could be sometimes useful to know whether a
function is a FE function or not.

Thus, I am not sure whether it is better to always have the prefix or
not – there are arguments for either.

Tobias

Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634
München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas
Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht
München, HRB 106955