Paul, great for getting this posted! I would approve but maybe Sandra should.

Regardless, thanks for getting this together.

Best Regards,

Jerry

On 11/2/21 1:18 AM, Paul Richard Thomas via Fortran wrote:
Hi Sandra,

Some weeks ago Andrew Benson triggered me to recover a patch for
finalization in ordinary assignment. I have attached the patch and the
testcase for early review. The main change that the patch makes is to call
Tobias's finalization wrapper rather than the direct finalizer calls from
structure_alloc_comps. This ensures that finalization and deallocation
occur in the correct order for finalizable extended types with finalizable
components. I think that the chunks in resolve.c for WHERE assignment are
possibly incorrect. I will be checking the standards before submission.

We have been checking out a standards issue with the reduced testcase
'clf_demo.f90', which is also attached. A certain other brand finalizes
SOURCE in ALLOCATE (res, SOURCE = src) in the function 'constructor'. I can
find no mention of this being required in either the F2008 or F2018
standards.

Regards

Paul

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 at 21:13, Sandra Loosemore <san...@codesourcery.com>