Hi Andrew,

Am 09.01.22 um 23:00 schrieb Andrew Pinski via Fortran:
On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 1:46 PM Harald Anlauf via Fortran
I suspect HOST_BITS_PER_INT will always be 32bit for all hosts GCC
will be supported but who knows. The point of the check is to find a
type which is at least 32bits enough to hold the wide character.
HOST_BITS_PER_* are defined in hwint.h:
#define HOST_BITS_PER_CHAR  CHAR_BIT
#define HOST_BITS_PER_SHORT (CHAR_BIT * SIZEOF_SHORT)
#define HOST_BITS_PER_INT   (CHAR_BIT * SIZEOF_INT)
#define HOST_BITS_PER_LONG  (CHAR_BIT * SIZEOF_LONG)
#define HOST_BITS_PER_PTR   (CHAR_BIT * SIZEOF_VOID_P)

Where SIZEOF_* are defined while doing a configure and CHAR_BIT is
defined in limits.h which is defined as a preprocessor constant.
Does that help you understand the code better?

ok, that makes things clearer now.

(I've actually never looked into hwint.h before.  I should have.)

Thanks,
Harald

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

Thanks for any enlightenment,
Harald

  • gfc_char_t Harald Anlauf via Fortran
    • Re: gfc_char_t Andrew Pinski via Fortran
      • Re: gfc_char_t Harald Anlauf via Fortran