On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 01:51:26PM +0100, Federico Perini via Fortran wrote:

> 3. Of the optimization flags "-fpeel-loops" is the one that triggers the
> failing tests
>
> 3. in dtio_4.f90, the first test fails for 1) non-extended class; 2)
> derived-type READ. Write works; extended type (BT_CLASS) works. It appears
> that the optimizer thinks the derived type is not modified by the read
> statement.

Federico, thanks for following up here.  As I indicated before,
you're in an area of the compiler that I do not normally hack. But,
the above description sounds like a tree is not marked as used.
There is code of the form "TREE_USED (decl) = 1;" in the trans-*.cc
files.  Setting this might inhibit the -fpeel-loops optimization,
but this is just a guess.

--
Steve