On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 12:27 PM Harald Anlauf via Fortran
<fortran@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Dear Hackers,
>
> is there a way to check that a particular warning is emitted only
> once for a source code line instead of multiple times?
>
> It appears that by default dg-warn matches one or more times.

One example of how to do this is located in testsuite/g++.dg/lookup/duperr1.C .
I don't know if this is the best way of doing it though.
Basically it uses dg-bogus to match the multiple warnings (since it is
a regex over all output lines and `.*` will even match new lines) so
you get a failure if there was a duplicated one and then dg-message to
match the original message just to make sure it is outputted once
(dg-message was because it was originally a note: rather than a
warning/error but similar thing can be done for dg-error/dg-warning).

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski