Hi Mikael,

Am 04.03.23 um 18:09 schrieb Mikael Morin:
There was a comment about the old_symbol thing at the end of my previous
message:
https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2023-March/613354.html

I think Tobias might be the better person to answer this.
But when playing with variations of that else-branch,
I always hit an issue with class_74.f90, where the class
variables are not dummy arguments but local variables.

E.g. take the following reduced testcase:

subroutine foo
  class(*)  :: y
  dimension :: y(:,:)
  pointer   :: y
end subroutine foo

So when we see the dimension but haven't seen the
pointer (or allocatable) declaration, we appear to
generate an error with bad consequences (ICE).

If this is a resolution issue, maybe it can be fixed
differently, but likely needs digging deeper.  With
the patch as-is at least I do not see a memory leak
in that context.

Cheers,
Harald