Hi FX,

On 6/6/23 21:11, FX Coudert via Gcc-patches wrote:
Hi,

I cannot see if there is proper support for kind=17 in your patch;
at least the libgfortran/ieee/ieee_arithmetic.F90 part does not
seem to have any related code.

Can real(kind=17) ever be an IEEE mode? If so, something seriously wrong
happened, because the IEEE modules have no kind=17 mention in them anywhere.

Actually, where is the kind=17 documented?

FX

I was hoping for Thomas to come forward with some comment, as
he was quite involved in related work.

There are several threads on IEEE128 for Power on the fortran ML
e.g. around November/December 2021, January 2022.

I wasn't meaning to block your work, just wondering if the Power
platform needs more attention here.

Harald