On 2/4/24 3:31 AM, Anuj Mohite wrote:
Dear Fortran GCC developers,

I am Anuj, a Computer Science student from India. I am interested in contributing to the Fortran frontend for GCC during GSoC 2024.

I got to know about this through the Martin J and GCC IRC channel. My background is in C/C++ and I have taken compiler construction courses, so I am excited to learn Fortran and contribute. Could you please guide me further?

I want to understand the architecture and codebase so I can prepare a strong project proposal. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anuj

Thank you for you interest.

All are welcome to contribute. We do have a Mattermost workspace that you may join where you can get some guidance from the team if we happen to be online. I monitor this daily.

Take a look at these links:

https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

Some info on the process.

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=SUSPENDED&bug_status=WAITING&bug_status=REOPENED&cf_known_to_fail_type=allwords&cf_known_to_work_type=allwords&component=fortran&component=libfortran&list_id=414162&order=bug_id%20DESC&product=gcc&query_format=advanced&remtype=asdefault

That gets a list of the open fortran bugs.

Get familiar with out git repository:

https://gcc.gnu.org/git.html

Feel free to ask more questions. Take a look at some of the Problem reports on the bugzilla and see if anything catches your attention.

Best regards,

Jerry