I have been using this version for a while with no issues until today.  Its
pretty obscure, but to confirm, i reinstalled the stable 4.6.2 (2750) and this
problem disappeared.

I will attempt to describe the issue as technically accurate as possible.

The issue I encounter is that when I edit a file on a specific samba share, I
see the file and its contents in pspad just fine and can edit the file, but when
saving the file, I get a generic error in pspad (sorry don't remember the exact
wording but its a basic error, no specifics) and on the samba share, the file
has been replaced with a zero-byte file.  Using a different editor, or using
pspad 4.6.2 (2750), the file is saved just fine.

I am on a windows 7 Pro pc. The "map network drive" points at a linux instance
which has a mapping to a different nfs server where the "actual" folder exists.
So apparently mapping through 2 virtual mappings - first, samba points to the
linux box, then the linux box finds that share by mapping to the nfs server.

A have a different samba share that points to the same linux box but where the
file actually lives on that linux box and the latest developer pspad works
perfectly, including global edits and more.

So I am guessing the issue specifically manifests only when going through 2
virtual mappings, as that is the only difference I am aware of.

In any case, I will continue to use the stable 4.6.2 (2750) version for now.

BTW - I have been using pspad daily for over 10 years and this is the first
issue I have ever encountered!  I would have a hard time coping if I ever were
forced to give up pspad!

--
<http://forum.pspad.com/read.php?6,68930,69044>
PSPad freeware editor http://www.pspad.com