Ok, now I understand at least where that comes from.

In autohotkey, however, ` is used as escape character. inside a string, `n for
example meens linefeed. So, while I find character completion useful, just for
the character ` I'd rather like to turn it off. It' not a very big deal, though,
as I don't need to type ` very often.

Btw, in none of the other programming languages I work on, ` is used as quote.
Maybe character completion should be dependent on the language used, for example
for autohotkey, it would be nice if the percent sign was also duplicated.

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,76065,76086>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com