I have had several similar experiences lately with 5.0.6.  I normally do not
have the application open for more than an hour or two at at time while working,
yet it seems to crash with an Access Violation a couple of times per day.  I've
noticed it happening frequently while switching tabs. In the most recent case, I
pressed CTRL+F4 to close the current tab and return to another tab for
additional work, but it threw an access violation error.

Prior to this version, I had used it for many years and only had access
violations appear maybe once every few months in every day usage.  It is
definitely occurring more frequently in this version.

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?4,73918,76359>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com