Stable version 5.06 (589)
Windows 11

If you drag the scroll bar handle (and scroll the file) all the way to the top
or bottom of the file, the "connection" between the mouse pointer and scroll bar
handle is broken and apparently moves to the file window. It will then create a
selection scrolling with the mouse / window (and if you already had a selection
made, it will remove it first).

See the screen shot below. I was dragging the scroll bar but when it reached the
bottom and stopped, my mouse pointer moved off the scroll bar handle (because I
dragged it a little too far). When it did, a selection was created in the file
window.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

(viz https://i.imgur.com/FbirhDE.png )