Thank you very much. I'm puzzled because I never had this problem berfoe and
didn't change anything.

pspad:
PSPad recognize file by it's extension. Does you WinSCP keep PHP extension?

Yes.
pspad:
PHP can be open as HTML, if in the program settings / HTML multihighlighter
option Open PHP in multihighlighter is enabled

It is.
pspad:
Syntax isn't enabled automatically, depends of the file size. Check program
settings / Direct edit button and variable HLUpToSize=nnn  where nnn is number
of bytes. Change value e.g. to 1 million

I set this from  500000 to 5000000, it worked, but I never has any problems with
this before.

Still code explorer window is empty in large files. Refresh seems to work,
though.

Anyhow, I can work as usual.

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,78323,78326>