In the beginning:

When this linux-child was born, like all Spartans, he was inspected.

For the strength of the code lies only in its openness.

---oOo---

The Threat:

Microsoft Messenger:
Choose your next words carefully, Leon-ix-idas. They may be your last as
king.

Linux:
You bring the skulls and crowns of conquered corporations to my desktop, you
insult my queen, and you threaten my people with lawsuits and FUD! Oh, I've
chosen my words carefully, Microsoft. Perhaps you should have done the same!
*kick*

---oOo---

The preliminary skirmishes :

Microsoft :
Send in the SCOuts to test the strength of these Spartan defences.

Linux :
Our Unix ancestors built this wall. Using ancient stones from the bosom of
Greece herself.
And with a little Spartan help, your Microsoft-sponsored SCOuts supplied the
mortar.

---oOo---

The battle:

Microsoft :
A thousand lawyers of the Microsoft empire descend upon you. Our patents
will blot out the sun!

Linux :
Then we will code in the shade !

---oOo---

The aftermath:

Narrator:
The world will know that freemen stood against a tyrant, that few stood
against many,
and that before this battle is done, that even a god king can bleed.

Microsoft:
WTF happened ? Who threw that chair ?