Dear Bikal KC-ji,

This might not be relevant to FOSS Nepal where we discuss open source
policy and applications but the floor should know what is going on in the
country.

Members of ISPAN, who had introduced Internet in Nepal are being blamed and
few "opportunists" and "ICT broker" are against us and are trying to
provoke the matter with full throttle.

Those who care the development of ICT in Nepal must be aware of such
factors and I am simply trying to create "awareness" through this floor.

The message must be reached to all Nepalese in the Globe that ISPAN and its
members are not trying to stop ADSL technology. Rather we are demanding
impartial treatment and fair competition with the Government owned entity.
Nepal Telecomm wants to avail ADSL technology to its Internet subscribers
ONLY and if this happens, you won't have choice of using other service
providers. What will happen then ?

Copper network is primarily owned by Nepal Telecomm only. ADSL technology
was introduced by Mercantile (MOS) almost four years back. But Nepal
Telecomm did not allow MOS to use this infrastructure.

There are more stories behind which I should not be highlighting
here......................I never knew that Blogs also do pit patrakarita
(yellow journalism).

Sabai lai chetana bhaya !!

Pavan