Thanks a lot Shishir for the update and for correcting my
misconception,

I did my initial bit of research and there are a lot of pesky bloggers
who did get pissed off at Ubuntu.. i.e, I was not alone in my
disappointment. I even went ahead and wrote a blog post about it
<http://fafdajalebi.blogspot.com/2008/01/disappointed-with-ubuntu-
gutsy-gibbon.html>. Thanks for correcting my erroneous prejudgment on
Ubuntu

Rather than posting what I posted earlier at the Ubuntu forum and
crowding this post, my thread is still here <
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=657433> I would appreciate
you help in this matter, or perhaps you could do a tutorial on it if
its not asking for too much and correct the discussion on Ubuntu
forums as well, because after reading the thread on Ubuntu forums, I
am sure a lot of other newbie enthusiast may have lost interest.

This definitely is a rebreather! looking forward to a tutorial and
eagerly waiting on the local repository.

Any chance of you guys starting up on a ubuntu wiki as well.

regards,
Utsav