"Mero Mobile" is the GPRS service provider in Nepal.And this facility
is also available around Dharan.My friends use applications like
"Morange","MIG33" for chatting ..web browsing from their mobiles.But I
do not know about the bandwidth.
It would be great if we could avail ourselves with some open source
and localized mobile web-applications!

best of luck for your project!
Biswas